Do devices cause you to roll your eyes while causing your children to light up in delight? Yep, me too. I fight the battle with technology every day when it comes to my children. I want so badly for them to learn to be happy in their own silence, remember that they have an imagination, and live in the real world every now and then. I’m pretty sure it’s a battle we all fight.
Many games have come and gone in our home, but Minecraft is here to stay. They have not swerved from their love of it for several years. I have hit the “if you can’t beat them, join them” mindset. So, we’re utilizing minecraft in several ways in our homeschool. With Christmas around the corner I’m sneaking in a few educational gifts with things like The Ultimate Unofficial Guide To Minecraft Strategies, Learn To Mod Minecraft, and The Minecraft Library. (Cyber Monday you get an extra 10% off and free shipping with the code GIVETHANKS)
They will never know it’s all educational (insert maniacal laughter here).
Computers and coding is here to stay, let’s not fall behind the times they will soon live in.
Reasons Why Kids Should Learn to Code
- Ideas will become reality. If they can dream it, they can build it with a computer!
- Code is one of the world’s most used languages. Across the world, coders are using the same language to build websites and programs for others to use.
- Kids learn faster when they are young.
- Coding encourages critical thinking and problem solving.
- Open your child to possibilities. With coding experience, kids can apply for computer science internships and jobs.
About Youth Digital’s Mod Design program
One great way for kids to learn how to code is using Youth Digital‘s Mod Design program. The mission of this program, and all of Youth Digital’s programs, is to empower kids to create with technology. Minecraft kids will learn to modify the game with this year-long online course that teaches kids programming with Java™. Code their own Minecraft mod from start to finish and watch as the end result becomes a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
- For Minecraft kids ages 8 to 13
- Kids learn at their own pace
- Lessons are easy to follow (minimum adult help needed)
- Students must already have Minecraft for PC or Mac
Youth Digital’s courses are available at a discount on Educents.com. And for Cyber Monday you get an extra 10% off and free shipping with the code GIVETHANKS!
*this post contains affiliate links*